The SCIENCE + ENGINEERING ENRICHMENT + DEVELOPMENT
(SEED) postdoctoral fellowship program
Two fellowships are available each year and all fellows are supported by the program for two years. SEED fellows have research goals aligned with APL-UW areas of expertise and define their research programs in conjunction with an APL-UW principal investigator mentor.
Established in 2014, SEED is an APL-UW funded program that provides postdoctoral scholars an opportunity to explore their individual research interests surrounding our research portfolio in soft-money research environment. SEED is intended to expand access to professional research careers to those that may not have considered it possible and for APL-UW to interact with scholars interested in pursuing research paths that broaden APL’s research expertise. A specific goal of the program is to engage and recruit scholars for interdisciplinary research experiences involving more than one APL-UW research department, area of focus, discipline, mentor, as well as other expansive possibilities.
Terms of SEED Postdoctoral Positions
- Recruitment cycle – each year September through May
- Two postdoc positions are available in each recruitment cycle
- Each position is a 100% appointment with a two-year duration
- Salary range (2023/24 cycle) $6,250 – $6,625/month
- Relocation funding is available, ranging from $4,000 to $8,000 based on the postdoc’s geographic region relative to APL’s location on UW’s Seattle campus
- A startup research allowance for each postdoc is $12,000; research department(s) and/or PI(s) may supplement at their discretion